The iPhone 12 series has been a hot topic among tech enthusiasts, especially the iPhone 12 Pro and the iPhone 12 Pro Max. The latest models of Apple’s smartphone have introduced some exciting features, but like any other device, they come with their own set of pros and cons. In this comprehensive guide, we will take a closer look at the iPhone 12 Pro’s advantages and disadvantages.
1. 5G Connectivity: One of the biggest advantages of the iPhone 12 series is its 5G capability. With support for both sub-6GHz and millimeter-wave frequencies, it offers faster internet speeds and reduces latency, making it easier to download, stream, and play games on your device.
2. Impressive Design: The iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max have a sleek and sophisticated design that is eye-catching. The Ceramic Shield front cover has four times better drop performance, making it more durable than other models.
3. Advanced Camera System: The Pro and Pro Max come with a triple-lens camera system featuring LiDAR technology, which delivers better low-light images and faster autofocus. It is also capable of recording professional-quality videos, making it ideal for content creators.
4. A14 Bionic Chip: With the A14 Bionic chip, the iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max offer unparalleled performance and speed. It is the fastest chip in any smartphone or tablet available in the market today, and it’s capable of handling intensive applications and multitasking.
1. No Charger Included: One of the most significant drawbacks of the iPhone 12 series is that it doesn’t come with a charger or earbuds in the box. You will need to purchase them separately, increasing the cost of the phone.
2. Apple’s Proprietary Lightning Port: Apple has yet to adopt the industry-standard USB-C port for its devices, and the iPhone 12 series is no exception. It still uses Apple’s proprietary Lightning port, which can cause compatibility issues with other devices.
3. Expensive Price Point: The iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max are among the most expensive smartphones in the market today. The Pro starts at $999, while the Pro Max starts at $1,099. If you want more storage, the price goes up to $1,399 for the Pro and $1,499 for the Pro Max.
4. Battery Life: The battery life of the iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max is not as impressive as other models, such as the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 mini. Its larger display and power-hungry features, such as 5G, drain the battery life faster, making it necessary to recharge more often.
Overall, the iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max offer some impressive features and capabilities, such as 5G connectivity, a sophisticated design, and an advanced camera system. However, they come with some significant drawbacks, such as the absence of a charger and earbuds, the proprietary Lightning port, and a high price point. These cons may not be a deal-breaker for some users, but they are worth considering before making a purchase.