The iPhone 12 is undoubtedly an impressive smartphone, packed with a host of features and a stunning design. However, one aspect of the iPhone 12 that leaves room for improvement is its battery life. In this article, we’ll review the iPhone 12’s battery performance and provide tips on how to extend it.
According to Apple, the iPhone 12’s battery is designed to offer up to 17 hours of talk time, up to 11 hours of video playback, and up to 50 hours of audio playback. In practice, however, the battery life can vary widely depending on how you use your phone.
In our testing, we found that the iPhone 12’s battery life was decent but not exceptional. We were able to get roughly 8-10 hours of screen-on time with moderate usage, which includes browsing the web, checking email, texting, and using social media.
With more demanding usage, such as playing games or using navigation apps, the battery life can dip much faster. We found that playing games for an hour would drain the battery by 20-25%, while using navigation for an hour would drain the battery by 15-20%.
Tips to Extend Battery Life
Fortunately, there are many ways to extend the iPhone 12’s battery life. Here are some tips to help you get more out of your phone:
1. Reduce Screen Brightness: The iPhone 12’s OLED display is stunning, but it can also be a battery hog. To extend battery life, try reducing the screen brightness or enabling auto-brightness in the settings menu.
2. Turn Off Location Services: Location services can be useful, but they also drain the battery. Consider turning off location services for apps that you don’t need or use frequently.
3. Turn Off Background App Refresh: Background app refresh is a convenient feature that automatically updates apps in the background. However, it can also drain the battery. Consider turning off this feature for apps that you don’t need to update frequently.
4. Disable Raise to Wake: The iPhone 12’s Raise to Wake feature can be useful, but it can also be a battery hog. If you don’t find this feature helpful, you can disable it in the settings menu.
5. Use Low Power Mode: When your battery is running low, consider using low power mode. Low power mode reduces background activity and visual effects to conserve battery life.
In conclusion, while the iPhone 12’s battery life isn’t the best on the market, it’s still decent. With some simple tips and tweaks, you can extend the battery life and get more out of your phone. Try adjusting your screen brightness, turning off location services, and using low power mode when your battery is running low. By taking care of your battery, you can enjoy all the features and benefits of your iPhone 12 for longer periods of time.